Jippes news

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Mar 10 10:04:11 CET 2000

The recent issue of Dutch fanzine Stripschrift has an article about Daan
Jippes (by former list member Pieter van Cleef).

It says that Jippes is working on a comic version of "Lighthouse", based on
a storyboard he did for the TV-series "Mouseworks".
The comic adaptation is made for Egmont, since VNU (Holland) didn't think
they could use it. Stripschrift is showing one sketched page.

"Mouseworks" is said to be a TV-series of disasterous quality. I never heard
of it before...
(Jippes drew a caricature of himself, holding a toilet paper roll. He says:
"there must be as much paper filled with my board-drawings as there is on
this roll... -- and for the same purpose!")

Apart from this, Jippes is said to have little time for Disney comics. And
no financial necessity: he's working for the "Jan Kruis Studio" now - doing
1-page gags for the women's magazine Libelle.

Let's hope Jippes will soon feel the need to draw Barks woodchucks scripts
again...

As always, the article ends with a reference to one of our indexes. In this
case:
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/creators/daan-jippes.html

--Harry.
(More Jippes indexes on: http://mx1.xoom.com/bolderbast/xxindex.html)