Boomp Ball

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Fri Mar 31 09:13:03 CEST 2000

	DARRIN:
>My dad and I used to read an Uncle Scrooge Comic - I think it was a digest
- with the story "Boomp >Ball."  I would very much like to find it and give
it to him for father's day.  I was wondering if you know
>the issue
	*Maybe* the story is Carl Barks' "The Cube" - a story where Gyro
Gearloose has invented a new sport called "Cube". In the sport, you use your
body (and a wooden peg) to bop this soft, plastic cube to the opponent.
	As I recall, this made a sound like "boomp". Could it possibly be
the story you're looking for? In that case, though, the issue is a regular
comic, not a digest: WDC&S 518 (1987). Who knows?
	On a related note...

	PER:
	I'd like to search the Inducks for the word "boomp," but the Inducks
word searches don't seem to work from the dcml pages anymore. I suspect it
has something to do with the long period of time when the server wasn't
working. I hope no data has been lost.

	David Gerstein
	<dge at ecn.egmont.com>