Brazilian History of Computers

Pedro Cravo pcravo at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 02:31:03 CEST 2000

One month ago I said I had some comics with the History of Computers in one
of them, but Arthur Faria Jr. replied that he only knew the magazine Video
Disney (that was the one I was thinking about) and that the History of
computers wasn't there. I did remember reading the History of computer so I
found that strange.

After checking my collection, I found that Arthur was right. The Video
Disney only lasted four issues and the History of Computers wasn't in either
of them. But I also found an older magazine (one year before Video Disney
started) whose title was... guess what... "The History of the Computer".

Just like Harry Fluks said, it's a 45 pages story (with an introductory
page), story code B 840098. In it Ludwig Von Drake, with the help of several
robots and computers, tells the history (and some stories) of computers
since the stone age.

I've been scanning and uploading the story to this address:
http://www.terravista.pt/MeiaPraia/1371/disney/disney.htm
For now there are only 13 pages, but I'll try to scan and upload the rest of
them as soon as I can. I'm sorry to say that this is the original portuguese
version. I don't have time to translate everything. Maybe I can do it some
day, but that will take some (a lot of) time. Anyway, you can enjoy it even
if you don't understand it...

Pedro Cravo