Longbox (RE: Submission)

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon May 15 11:27:43 CEST 2000

Kevin:

> I'm a represenative of The Long Box
> (http://www.longbox.com), a comics database website that's
> goal is to database all comics ever created.

I'm a representative of Inducks (http://here.is/inducks), a Disney comics
database thats goal is to contain all information about all Disney comics in
the world.

This may look similar 8-), but I think there are some differences:

- Inducks lists all comics in the world, not only American (I suspect
Longbox is USA-only)

- Inducks lists the complete contents of every comic book. I don't suspect
Longbox to be that exact.

- Inducks data for USA comics has been transferred to the Grand Comics
Database (GCD) - as far as I know the first internet project trying to put
all (USA) comics in a database. I'm not sure why there are several other
databases that seem to be competing in stead of cooperating.

> I am taking a
> special interest in Disney comics. I'd really appreciate it
> if you could help me on any Disney Series we are missing.

So would I! In Inducks, we especially miss information about the Marvel
comics you mention (and Acclaim)! For the rest, we are almost complete
(Dell/Gold Key/Whitman, Gladstone, Disney Comics).

--Harry.