Oops!

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue May 16 15:39:02 CEST 2000

From: "Rodney w bowcock jr."
>>>One last thing:  The price guide says that US digest 5 is scarce,
meaning
that only 20-100 copies are known to exist.  Can this be correct?

Whups! Good thing I reread this as I was deleting mails. It seemed so
obvious that you were referring to the famous #5 of the WALT DISNEY COMIC
DIGEST of the late 60s that my eyebulbs didn't even see the lil' "US" you
slipped in there. Well, everything I said about the WDCD #5 is still true,
but you, of course, mean the 1986 Gladstone UNCLE SCROOGE DIGEST #5! Yes,
the Guide says "scarce", eh? The Guide-writers seem to often forget what
they have defined "scarce" to mean in the prologues, and sometimes use it
in the "generic" sense. Of course, all you collectors of old comics, pay no
attention to any of the times any Guide says there are a certain number of
an old issue existing. No one has ever asked me how many *I* have, and
there are surely plenty of other collectors like me who buy an item once
and set on it forever and don't say a peep. Anyhow, sorry I opened my
yap -- you'll have to ask the Gladstone folks why that issue is
hard-to-find, if it is. Me, I'm gonna go down into the vault and make sure
*I* have one, mindless completist that I am........