Barks influence on Spielberg (and Scarpa influence on Scola :-)

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Wed May 17 21:02:29 CEST 2000

RODNEY, ALL interested parties

>Someone (Arie?) asked if Spielberg "stole" any of Barks' ideas.  Though I
>can't say it was outright "stealing" I do recall reading in an old Cross
>Talk column (Gladstone's "coming attractions" feature for those of you
>who don't know) that Barks' Micro Ducks From Outer Space (US 65) story
>was the inspiration for the the movie Batteries Not Included.

Well, I seem to recall reading somewhere that Spielberg actually
admitted being inspired by the ending of "Seven Cities of Cibola"
for the beginning of an Indiana Jones movie, "Temple of Doom" I
guess it was...

Also, since I'm on the topic, I'll mention again the Italian
movie entirely inspired by a Romano Scarpa story, I TL  158-A +,
"Topolino e il Pippotarzan", directed by Ettore Scola in 1968
and titled "Will our heroes succed in finding their friend,
mysteriously disappeared in Africa?" (literal translation of the
Italian title, don't know whether the movie ever circulated
abroad...)

Cheers

Eta Beta