DCML digest, Vol 1 #153 - 9 msgs

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue May 23 07:16:43 CEST 2000

From: "Anders Christian Sivebaek"
re: the Finnish printing of "The Coin"
>>>I heard from one of my finnish friends that it's seeable. EGA-printing,
he called it, and it sounds like that page in the german Rosa-alæbum
where they used something like a fax of that extra page you did for the
american version of the Incredible Shrinking Tightwad.

Just so you do not have people thinking that I would simply fax art to
someone for use in the printing of my work --The Germans had crystal clear
photostats made directly from the original art that I personally mailed
them. Why they printed it so muddy...? They don't know how to use their
computer scanning equipment, I guess. Needless to say, this is one of the
frustrations and disappointments that gradually wears down my enthusiasm
for all this. At least it was nice to see the entire story printed in one
place by Ehapa, even with some muddy art, whereas Egmont's version was
limited to 24 pages, and Gladstone's version was censored by Disney.
By the way, could anyone supply me with the last two German Rosa albums?
I'd naturally like to have them, but they seem to have stopped sending me
copies from the publisher.