Donald on the Ark

Kristian Pedersen K.Pedersen at Oberthurcs.com
Mon May 29 13:34:00 CEST 2000

>From: "Kriton Kyrimis" <SMTP:kyrimis at cti.gr> at MAILPU
>To: "Disney comics" <SMTP:dcml at stp.ling.uu.se> at MAILPU
>Subject: Donald is not a duck--it's official

>*** SPOILER FOR FANTASIA 2000 ***

>In the Noah's Ark segment in Fantasia 2000, we see that among the
>"two of each species" pairs in Noah's Ark there are two ducks and two
>whatever-it-is-that-Donald-and-Daisy-are. Thus, it would seem that the
>official Disney position is that Donald and Daisy are not ducks, but a
>different species!

>Yeah, I know that this was only put for the gag of showing Donald's
>reaction at seeing the pair of real ducks boarding the Ark, but unless
>you want to infer that Noah was not entirely fair, taking more than >one
pair from some species, the conclusion that Donald is a different
>species is obvious!

At the risk of displaying to to the world my in no way impressive
knowledge of the Bible (I _could_ go home and check first, but then I'd
have to wait until tomorrow to post this), I think Noah actually DID take
more than one pair from some of the species, didn't he? If that's true,
and nothing further is mentioned, then we still don't know for sure
whether whatever-it-is-that-Donald-and-Daisy-are (WIITDADA) = ducks ;)

In any case I _do_ remember that there were eight humans on the Ark, which
means that the WIITDADA could even be humans! Then Donald would have to be
one of Noah's three sons, and Daisy his wife.

I may be stretching the significance of the gag here :)

Kristian

*** END SPOILER ***