When is a Duck not a duck?

Rich xephyr at jps.net
Tue May 30 09:05:28 CEST 2000

Henri Kunne:
> Kriton Kyrimis wrote:
>
> >In the Noah's Ark segment in Fantasia 2000, we see that among the
> >"two of each species" pairs in Noah's Ark there are two ducks and two
> >whatever-it-is-that-Donald-and-Daisy-are.
> [snip]
> >....unless you want to infer that Noah was not entirely fair, taking more
> >than one pair from some species, the conclusion that Donald is a
> >different species is obvious!
>
> That's not obvious. According to Genesis 7:2, by divine command (and NOT
> by 'not being fair'), Noah took seven pairs of the clean species, one pair
> of the unclean species; pigs and the like. (Guess The Three Little Pigs
> had to pick straws.... ;-)

That was very funny Henri! LOL! ;-)  As for the way I see Don and Daisy,
HDL and all the rest, is no different than the comparison between Goofy
(Dippy Dawg) and Pluto.  We know both are "dogs" but only one of them acts
like a dog.  Don, like Goofy, is an anthropomorph or human-like creature.
Whether Don has a dognose, mouse ears, a duckbill or any other birdbeak,
as long as they are walking upright and doing all the things humans do,
they are humans to me.

I did like the "gag" in Fantasia 2000, and Henri is indeed correct about
the "clean animals by seven" (Noah and his family had to eat, y'kno). ;-).
So "When is a Duck not a duck?"  When the duck is Donald Duck!

Rich Bellacera