Kalevala in Picsou

Francois Willot fwcacou at club-internet.fr
Tue May 30 17:48:51 CEST 2000

Hello Santiago

> Francois, Didier & other Picsou readers:
>
> Would you tell me in which issue number was published the Kalevala
> story?

This one was not published but will appear in a few months.

Here what's in the latest Picsou (#341, a special "sea" issue)

- pin-up page illustrating Treasure Under Glass
- a few examples of the cards Gladstone published in their CBL in Color
Albums
- Viva Don Rosa !, a one-page editorial with the original script of the
first page of Treasure Under Glass
- Treasure Under Glass by Don Rosa
- The Great Steamboat Race (title in English!) by Carl Barks
- The Not-so-Ancient Mariner, a late 10 pager by Barks
- Two Barks one pagers
- Adventure Down Under by Carl Barks (one of my favorite Barks
stories...)
- A few Taliaferro Strips
- Two-page article on the stories published
- three covers made specially for the Finnish Aku Ankka, a Jippes one,
and another one made for the LoS Uncle Scrooge comics

The Journal de Mickey #500 is a special issue as well:

- "The Mystery of the Stealed Newspaper" by Fabien Velhmann (a promising
new young writer) and Bernado
- 8 pages on the history of Disney Comics in the Journal de Mickey,
including reproduction of 16 of the best covers
- "2500 Mickey" a Danish story with Eega Beeva
- Minnie, Donald and Goofy gags
- fac similés of issues #1 from 1934 and #1 from 1952

The Latest issue of Super Picsou Géant also features "Zio Paperone e
l'esenzione di Venceslao" a very good Italian story by Massimo De Vita
and Mickey-Parade publishes a new episode of "C'era una volta in
America", and two original Cavazzano covers.