The Queen scared by ducks.

Joakim Gunnarsson kalas.puff at falkenberg.mail.telia.com
Sat Nov 18 22:47:21 CET 2000

Got the new issue of The Comics Journal (the Carl Barks issue) yesterday.
I can highly reccomend it.  It has a wraparound cover by Barks and there is loads of good stuff inside. Of special interest I can note the excerpts from a Don Ault - Carl Barks interview from this summer. (I'm looking forward to read Aults book on Barks when its finished.)

Anyway, people has already mentioned the new TCJ so here is why I'm actually posting:

Don Rosa writes about how popular the ducks are in Europe in the same issue of TCJ.
And just after I read his piece I turned on television.
Turned out that it was the Queen of Sweden beeing interviewed
and a journalist asked her what scared her most when she was a kid.
And guess what she said?
Se started to retell Barks "The Old Castles Secret"!!! (The sequence where the "skeleton" chases H,D & L.)
So, well thats how popular (And scary ;-) ) Barks work is here.
Would the US president's wife retell a Barks story on national TV?
Nah, don't think so...

Just wanted to share this with you.

/Joakim Gunnarsson,
    Malmo, Sweden.