Money bin by Barks

Janne Heino j.heino at pp2.inet.fi
Sun Nov 26 01:55:38 CET 2000

Here I have listed some things I noticed from some Barks stories. I'm sorry but I can't remember the english names for the stories but I have written the plot so you get the idea of the story...

The money bin:

- has a room with defence mechanisms (for lightning, comets, tornados) and a shelve with ink bottles.
these bits are from "W/US 43"  In the story Magica attacks the Money bin with different methods, turns herself to Scrooge, nephews notices this and ruin her plans. The lack of the little ink spot on her head exposes her.

- has a thinking room this came up in the story "US 16" In the story Scrooge enters a gameshow but he must not win it because he has already earned too much this year so he ends up answering the question wrong in purpose but he wins the competition afterall because the host thinks that such a dumb person needs the money.

-has a little cupboard where Scrooge wanted to sleep after he has thrown away the huge bed he had in the story. the storycode is "US 44"

- in several stories he has a bathtub filled with money as in the 1 page gag "come-as-you-are party"

Janne