digest #331 again already

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Nov 27 17:27:43 CET 2000

To show that I'm right on top of this, I have already checked out all the
suggestions of Money Bin rooms that I jotted down from the previous
digests...
In two examples of what I assume are careless errors by translators (or
simply difficult words to translate), I see that the alleged "lab" shown in
U$ #28 was actually an assay room (which I can include -- but I do not
think $crooge has a lab, he's not a chemist except in regard to testing the
value of ore), and the alleged "thinking room" in U$ #16 was actually the
usual "Worry Room" which is *definitely* already in my plans.
The "shelter" in U$ #43 is actually the Bin Defense Control Center (my
terminology) and I already have that in my plans.
The "treasure vault" in U$ #64 is actually just a floor safe -- note the
lower right corner... it stands *out* from the wall surface. Therefore it
is furniture and may or may not be included. We'll decide about showing key
pieces of furniture. Surely we'll show things like $crooge's desk, but I
don't think we'll try to show other furniture which would obviously move or
be added or subtracted as time went by. This would apply to maps on walls.
They would come and go, but I would like to add a notation, if there's
room, of a "map of world" on the main wall in U$'s office. We'll see...
The rocket-escape room in U$ #48 -- hmmm. I think we'll regard that as a
throw-away gag / plot element.
And I checked various views of staircases and rooms. We'll try to fit these
in, but we won't let them make our job impossible.
Yes, we'll have an armory. And the trap-door in front of U$'s desk.
Please keep sending anything else you think of. No hurry -- this is for a
story that will take me a few months to complete. Thanks!