Bin's Rooms

Apostolis Trikourakis komix43 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:31:08 CET 2000

Don Rosa:

>>>Believe it or not, I already have that in my plans (suggested by Duckfan
>>>extrodinaire Elli Kotovirta, the Finnish-girl-with-braids who is
>>>responsible for me doing that Kalevala story).

Really? The recycling room is a terrific idea. But where will you put it? In
which floor, I mean??

>>>Hahahahahaha!!! You should be me for a day! One thing I've learned is
that
>>>no matter WHAT you do, you won't please the people who are determined to
>>>not be pleased. That's life...

Well, I'm sure you trying to... and I'd like to be you for a day! :-). And
yes: That's Life!

>>>Well, I wasn't gonna criticize the plans you sketched, but I was sorta
>>>shocked to see only 3 floors! You thought the Bin might be only about 30
>>>feet tall? How could that hold 100 ft. of cash? There's more than 30 ft.
>>>just *above* the money level.

Well, I stopped sketching the plans, because of this problem. But what on
earth, I can't sketch 10 floors! I don't know what to put there, I don't
want to sketch empty floors and I don't know where to put each one room.

>>>Oh, jeeze! I need to check that one! (But if it's true, I'll need to just
>>>ignore it! I can't see the place being so tall.)

So, are we having 20 floors now? Gosh, the Bin is near Akropolis' height!
I'm happy the Bin is in Duckburg :-)

>>>Nope. $crooge does it in 1902 style. Single room floors with seas of
desks.

But you said there are many floors with offices. So, there must be many
employees working there.

>>>Safes are like furniture, not structural elements.

I understand

>>>Oho!  No problemo. The building shown in "The Golden Fleecing" with 20
>>>stories is clearly NOT the Money Bin.

I check that story again and I think you're right. The building doesn't
seems to be like the usual Bin.

Soren Krarup Olesen:

>>>The height of Scrooge's money bin is approximately

>>>100 m

Wow! Then I was right before: The Bin is a really big building!

Best Wishes

Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens
E-mail: komix43 at hotmail.com & komix at compulink.gr
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/komixgreekpage