Warning about "melony cassandra"

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Apr 12 17:32:19 CEST 2001

I just sent a message to DCML, with the subject "Kalevala".

I got an auto-reply from fiera121 at yahoo.com stating something about a
website that was hacked. Plus the text:

> The
> picture you saw was just some photo stolen off the web and
> the person whose address this is is not looking to meet any
> sex partners.
> Please direct any further questions/comments to:
> espaladoscious at yahoo.com

fiera121 at yahoo.com from DCML, to avoid that EVERY poster to DCML would get
an auto-reply like the above.

Then I got an e-mail back from espaladoscious at yahoo.com:

> Unfortunately, I have had to close this email address. [..]
> So please, continue to contact me at
> fiera121 at yahoo.com

So I thought I was back to where I started. But a few minutes later, I got
ANOTHER reply from espaladoscious at yahoo.com:

This last subject line *does* suggest that the sender is looking for sex
partners.

I don't know exactly what's going on, but if you get similar messages, don't
bother to answer them...

--Harry.