Help... What was Donald singing???

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 14:37:16 CEST 2001

I really need some help now! In an old Carl Barks story, Donald had written
a song and sold it, and for the money he brought his nephews up to a hotel
in the mountains. Every time Donald played his song on the jukebox, there
was a... eeh, what's the word? lots of snow rolling down from the mountain
smashing things... everybody thought that an old hermit living up in the
mountains was starting the snow-rolling-down-from-the-mountains, and then it
turned out to be the music of Donald's record.

My question here is; WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE SONG, AND WHAT WAS THE GIVEN
LINE FROM THE LYRICS? I wonder 'bout this because I have only read the story
in Norwegian, and now I'm working with a story which will use this song
again (yes, I wanna be a Disney story teller like my heroes Carl Barks and
Don Rosa, and I'm PROUD of it)... so it could be a good idea if I knew the
lyrics first!

By the way, did $crooge die in 1967? I cried when I first heard, but then I
realized it is obvious (since he was 100 y.o.), and I started to notice what
Don Rosa does with time in his stories. Don, if you read this; you are a
genius and my greatest hero!