Donald's Song

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 15 17:58:45 CEST 2001

Hi everyone!

Olaf:
>>Every time Donald played his song on the jukebox, there
>>was an avalanche

WDC&S 137 (Feb '52, Album 20):    "The Screaming Cowboy" !
p 1 panel 5:    "Oh, bury me thar
                          With my battered git-tar
                          A-screamin' my heart out
                          Fer yew"
That's the panel I scanned for my site's index, but it's too small to read, unfortunately--
http://members.nbci.com/mouse_ducks , WDC&S (click on the cat icon, then
19-20 in the list that appears in the lower left frame) (clicking on the image will display
a one-line summar in the lower frame).

Don't you think the hermit has a Santa Claus-like face (and eyes, esp),
p 8 panel 5?

There's another "screaming cowboy": Goofy!
"Goofy the Kid-- The moaning cowboy!" , actually
(Aug 12 - Aug 24 , 1946, Bill Walsh & Floyd Gottfredson)
2 lines from his songs:    "Daown in Taixas..."  (Aug 20)
                                           "...on thuh range..."    (Aug 23)

There's also a Mickey daily in which Mickey writes a song and it has dire
consequences-- people literally go mad about it:
        "Bull-a-griddle-
         Fid-a-griddle-DEE!"
(July 28 - Aug 9, 1947; Bill Walsh & Floyd Gottfredson)

Good luck with your story!
(are you doing both the script & art?)

Olivier