To Angelo Toti

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 16 17:38:17 CEST 2001

I really don't understand your site either.
What's the purpose exactly?
I haven't tried them all, but it seems indeed that when you start from
the main page and follow the links, you invariably reach someone
else's page, ie, either the original page's url, or a copy of  it on your
own url.

This looks like a "Links Page" site, which the home page seems to
say:
"Links to other Disneyrelated [sic] Sites"
"All links are listed on the basis of their contents at the time for my visit.", etc

This would be OK.

But is very soon gets pretty confusing-- or rather, clear
The paragraph quoted ends:
"If any of the links seems to be non-working, please send me a notice."
Fine.
Only, when you click, you get to mail to... Thomas Barry!?

So from the very start (home page, under "Angelo Toti's Disney Comics Page",
under a couple of  links, first thing you read), you find this text which at first reads
like it's by you but turns out not to be. (Now I even wonder if  the "Links to Disney
Related Sites" is your title or someone else's).

I won't go over the links & pages, it's too much work and not that much fun.
Finding pages I don't know is fun, but not when they appear to be ripped from
someone else's site.

Doing a "Links" page is fine.
Making a "Links" site (a webliography) would be great.

The problem is your page is a collection of  links & copied pages which at first look
like they're all your work (albeit with different layouts) when they are not.

It might be an clumsy attempt at a webliography, which everyone would understand,
and mistakes and unclear links would naturally be forgiven.

Yet there have been messages on the DCML which made it clear what to do
to correct such mistakes, and this "update" hints that you've paid no heed to them.
It is therefore highly ironical to read on the page you linked us to today:
"The Disney comics mailing list is a mailing list on Disney comics which is closely
associated to these pages."

True, at first sight, the page you linked us to today looks like an improvement:
links are sorted per country.

BUT--
    1/    The layout looks very much like that of  INDUCKS or another site I know.
            I haven't checked and won't bother to.
    2/    At the top of  the page, if  you go to the "Next Page", you'll land on Livia!
    3/    As Francesco noted while I was typing this, the bottom of  the page is
            ripped from *Soren*'s site, with *your* name shamelessly *substituted* for his!!

Conclusion: that's no clumsy attempt or beginner's mistake as might have been thought!
It is sheer *robbery*!

I haven't had the dubious honor of  finding my obscure little site grafted into your pages
and won't waste my time checking, and anyway I think it allows me even more to speak
out (ie, I'm not reacting to defend my own site in particular).

It takes a lot of  work and dedication to make a web site: designing the layout,
improving it, writing the text, scanning the pictures, adding links, making indexes, ...

You simply cannot copy pages and pretend they are yours.
If  you like them and find them interesting, link to them and *say* so ("X has nice pictures,
here's a link to his page").

But don't make it look like it's all your work!!!