To Olaf

O Bordier o.bordier at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 17 13:35:55 CEST 2001

SPOILER re Van Horn story in U$ 318

>>I have read a few stories (I believe it is William Van Horn?) where $crooge
>>has an former un-known half brother. At the end, I have decided that I can NOT
>>believe in the "fact" that Fergus McDuck has been cheating on his Downy.

It was by Van Horn indeed.
U$ 318 (Feb '99-- the last Gladstone issue), "Secrets"
I like Van Horn's stories very much-- expecially his ten-pagers.
But this secret relationship that was disclosed at the end disappointed me.
I don't like this idea either.
"Fergus cheating on Downy": it would be slightly better to think it was after her death,
                                                   but Rumpus is too old.
I wonder why Van Horn invented this and what he intended to do (and may have done)
with it in later stories. I haven't read anything else by him that's posterior to this story.