The Disney production in France

Thierry Fernand favio31 at caramail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:46:32 CEST 2001

I agree that the quality of stories produced by Hachette
Disney Presse is very low. The stories (scripts) are very
disappointing, with a few exceptions.
Fabien Velhmann is a very good new young author -
unfortunately he stopped his collaboration a few months ago.
There are some very good Hachette artists from Spain:
Angelo Rodriguez, Conrado Lazaro and Bernado.
These authors also worked (on and off) for VNU in the
Netherlands, and have been in the Comicup studio for at
least 8 years. Their early works were very bad, but they
have acquired a good style now.

Problem is (IMhO) with the quality of the scripts. The only
good Hachette period was I think with Motti and Gen-Clo in
the late 80s. I didn't like much the beginning of the "new"
production in the early 80s (with Marin doing superb
artworks but stories looking like not very good Murry-ish
adventures). The mid 90s was the worst ever (with lots of
very bad young Studio artists, and many new caracters).
This is getting slightly better. Michel Souris is not a
very good character, but think of Zarato the evil magician
that Fabian Velhmann created - make me think of Faraci.

 Favio