Reprints

Thierry Fernand favio31 at caramail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:38:39 CEST 2001

Harry wrote:

>But that's *only* 7 times! That same story has been
>printed in Holland 11 times:
>
>DD1952-01*,DD1971-50*,BV 1,DDJ1952 1*,DDJ1952 2*,DDFAC
>1*,JUB 1,AKVCB 3,AKV 3,MA1992-32,DD2000-36*.

Record in France is AFAIK 9 publications, for "The Magic
Hourglass" and "Luck of the North". But, both include a
Belgian Mickey Mouse reprint.

I bet that Italy has the record (if only for amator
publications which I think should be counted). BUT 11 still
is a very high number, which I think has to do with the
tradition in your country. I have the impression that the
Dutch always loved Barks' comics more than any other nordic
country. For instance when Daan Jippes was art director, in
the mid-70s instead of publishing Studio stories (as
Hachette was doing) you published many Barks stories. Also,
10 pages is a "usual" story for the Dutch weekly, while in
Italy, a "normal" story is 30 pages long (or was, until
recently) and - more or less - in many French publications
which were inspired by Italian ones. This may explain while
the most reprinted stories in France are long adventures,
and not ten-pagers as in the Netherlands.

I would be interested to hear about the Italian record BTW,
if somebody has it.

 Favio
 http://mailotron.forez.com/livia/