The liar and thief, Mr. Totti

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Apr 20 17:58:47 CEST 2001

Angelo:

> > You have some strange points of view, and lots of
> > your reasoning doesn't make sense at all.
>
> It's easy to say [same text as above].
> Without saying anything on what sentences
> "don't make sense".

I think dozens of other people already reacted to your words. There's no
need for me to repeat that.
If you really want a full analysis of what I think is wrong in your words,
ask me again and I'll send it to you in private mail.

> > When you write "will always be", that's a prediction.
> > Therefore it cannot be
> > "the truth", since we don't know the future yet.
>
> When I say "tomorrow, 1 + 1 will still equal 2" this
> is a prediction, and this is also the truth.

No, that's not a prediction, it's a mathematical definition. It's not a
description of the real world.

> The error in your reasoning is at the last part of
> your sentence: "we don't know the future yet". We do
> know part of what the future will be.

No. We can *guess* parts of our future. We never *know* for sure. So by
definition, we can't say it's a *fact*.

--Harry.
(Why am I still discussing things like "truth" with a liar and thief, who
repeatedly admitted that he's proud of that?)