One more time, Grandma and Scrooge

Shelley Hanson/KlezmerAllThatJazz klezmerallthatjazz at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 20 18:54:19 CEST 2001

U.S. #14, Barks one-pager

Opening panel: Grandma: Oh, such wonderful FOOD, Scrooge! It's the best I've
ever eaten!
Scrooge (tipping his hat): Yes, yes! Good night, Grandma!

2 panels of Scrooge groaning

Donald: Uncle Scrooge! You look SICK!
Scrooge: I AM!

Scrooge: Owoooo! I took Grandma Duck to dinner at the Ritzmore Cafe!

Donald: What made you sick? Something you ate?
Scrooge: No! It was something Grandma ate!

Scrooge: The broiled lobster at #4.75 a plate!

It's unlikely that a brother would tip his hat to his sister, or that he
would refer to her as Grandma Duck to his nephew Donald (since she would
thus also be Donald's aunt, and would not need to be identified as Grandma
DUCK even if Donald called her Grandma); and Scrooge certainly wouldn't
treat his sister to an expensive dinner! Sounds like a date to me.