Copyright Laws

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Sat Apr 21 18:16:23 CEST 2001

I thought we hashed out, overhashed and rehashed the copyright issue months
ago.  Why do we need to now receive 3 -4 message lists per day to say
EXACTLY what we said before.  It is very simple.  If you take proprietary
rights away from the creator the following scenario would occur:

(1) The creator who must make his living from such work will turn to other
work.

(2) The studios and publishers who produce and distribute such products
will stop working on those products (e.g. Disney Comics).

(3) The only creators that would continue such work would be extremely
wealthy people or hobbyists who have no family to support and use an
extreme amount of there free time in such a "saintly" service to Disney
fans.

It appears to me that Angelo Toti has understood the message.  I believe we
will not see such action from him again.  We have many new and de-lurking
members who have the potential to enrich our "ON TOPIC" discussions.   Let
us not get bogged down in name calling and voluminous rehash.  - Rob Klein