Re: Questions to Don Rosa´s "Back to Xanadu"

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Apr 22 17:36:41 CEST 2001

HAVARD HESJEVOLL, 22-04-2001:

> In Don Rosa´s story: "Back to Xanadu" it is a coin in the first panel,
> that is in Scrooge´s treasure collection. This coin is dated 1916.
> Is this a special coin, that has been mentioned in another story?

It's a reference to Barks' atlantis adventure (US 5).

There's also a Rosa story in which he shows Scrooge's collection of
worthless material, again referring to Barks' stories. I don't know
for sure, but maybe that story shows another 1916 quarter, but in a
rather different shape. (You'll have to know Barks' altantis story to
know what I mean with that. If you don't know the story, I don't want
to spoil it for you by being more specific.)

Does someone know the title of that Rosa story?
(Just a guess: Was it the "Incredible Shrinking Tightwad"?)

> And another thing; the globe in the first panel has no continents
> drawed in! It´s all blue! And over this globe, it is a very little
> hovering scroll, that is all empty! Was it made this way by any
> reason?

I've checked Uncle Scrooge No. 261, and there the globe contains the
story's title, "Return to Xanadu" to be exactly.

Best wishes,

--- Daniel