Artist Work Samples

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Sun Apr 22 18:11:23 CEST 2001

First, - Thanks Bob for your information on Jaime Diaz.  It seems that
those of us who follow current animation should look for his name on the
credits of near-future films  (or is it TV?).

Do we have some capable DCML members, who know the drawing styles of
various artists and have knowledge of how to make websites, AND have lots
of free website space?  If so, perhaps a group of several of them could get
together and make a website showing a one-panel or one-page sample for each
artist, with perhaps a very short biography next to it.  I have seen
something like this for a few artists on a few stray websites, but never
for a large number of artists, and never from various countries.  For
instance, as we have so much interest in learning about the Italian
artists, such a tool would be helpful.  But, of course, it would be nicer
to also include the Brasilian, Dutch, French, Egmont and other producers as
well.   INDUCKS could be used as a reference to aid in identifying some of
the lesser known artists' work.

I, myself, don't know ANYTHING about making websites (I have only recently
been able to have the smallest understanding of how to use a computer).
But, it seems logical that an "expert"(or small group of experts) in EACH
producing country could get together page samples and write the text for
very short biographies (a few sentences) and scan them to a single person,
who would compile all the information/drawings and form the website.  It
will be interesting to see what all of the members think of this idea.    -
Rob Klein