Italian favorites, Barks celebration stories

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Apr 27 13:10:37 CEST 2001

Petri:

> Martina-Carpi story Paperino e il re del fiume d'oro
> (I TL 270-A). [...] The
> way how DD and US act is quite terrible and raises a feel of
> rage in to my minf. [...]
> they had been greedy, rude to HDL and tried to cheat [...]

This is the kind of things that I dislike the most about Italian stories. I
don't recall reading that particular story (it was not used in Holland, as
far as we know). But in lots of Italian stories, the Ducks are rude and
mean. And fighting all the time. And Scrooge is often doing *illegal*
things.
I don't like that at all. The mean characters should be the *villains* of a
story, not the Ducks. In some stories it gets even worse, when Donald or
Scrooge *get away* with being mean and cheating.
I have the impression that it's mostly Martina who wrote stories like that.
I think it's one of the main reasons that I thought all Italian stories were
junk. And also a reason why I still prefer Italian Mickey stories to Italian
Duck stories.

When I get the chance, I'll read I TL 270-A (maybe in German or so), and see
if I get that overwhelming feeling you are talking about... 8-)

--Harry.