Torino Comics

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sun Apr 29 18:14:43 CEST 2001

Yesterday I've been at the Torino comic exposition, named "Torino Comics".
I was there for the presentation of the new "Quartetto toscano"'s book
about Scarpa, titled "Romano Scarpa - sognando la Calidornia" ("RS -
Calidornia Dreaming" as Eta put it).

I finally had the chance to meet many list members, like Armando, Marco and
the professionals Luca Boschi and Alberto Becattini (and Andrea Sani that I
don't think has ever been on the list). And also Fabio Gadducci, that
lately has only been lurking here.

And Giorgio Cavazzano too! He was there informally and very kindly signed
us some comics and let us take pictures with him (I hope my camera worked
:-)

There was a Scarpa's exhibition, with many original pages (all "History
Re-Petes Itself" for example) and some wonderful reproductions. I took
pictures of these too, I just hope that these photos came out fine, but I
doubt it since everything was under glass and there were reflexes all
around. If the photos come out fine I'll put'em online, making a page on my
site about the event.

At 2:00 pm on schedule there was the presentation of the book, and Luca
also let Paolo introduce the INDUCKS project to the public as well, while
we were waiting for Topolino's Editor (a nice lady, I have to admit).

Paolo had also prepared a wonderful Power Point presentation for the book,
so good that we finally have not even had time enough to be able to see it
all!

Topolino's editor also took the chance in calling Romano Scarpa on the
phone (He could not come since he was busy working to the new Egmont story)
and he was very pleased for the book and very sorry not to have been able
to come.

The editor also talked a bit and I have to say that she almost admitted
that now Topolino's stories are't that great as they used to be ("But
they're still very good!"), and this definitely does her honor.

What else to say... I really liked the exposition in general, it was held
in a very big place with a lot of elbow room (a thing that you can hardly
find at expositions). And also the stands of sellers had a lot of
interesting stuff at interesting prices... definitely the best Exposition
I've been to (even though I haven't been in many ones, so I can't really
tell)

We also had Alessandro Barbucci (a young Disney author, creator of Young
Donald and the new "Witch") make some drawings for us... actually he was
there to promote a non-disney project of his, but we had him draw disney
characters anyway, you know... ;-)

I guess that's all...
(And the book, needless to say, is really wonderful)

--
Sprea
http://digilander.iol.it/sgrizzo (Scarpa)