Relations

Petri Kanninen pkanninen at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:23:41 CEST 2001

HARRY:
>Which reminds me: there is also an interesting relation between >Finland
>and Holland: the Dutch publisher of Disney comics (VNU) has >recently been
>taken over by a Finnish company.
>Maybe that will get us even more Kari Korhonen here? 8-)

It's not the whole VNU that the Finnish company bought. The Finnish company
is SanomaWSOY which is the largest publishing house in Finland. Part of
SanomaWSOY is Helsinki Media which is the Finnish Disney-publisher. VNU did
only sell its magazines (not any newspapers) to SanomaWSOY including the
Disney-publications. The reason for the deal was something like to protect
SanomaWSOY from take overs.
Maybe we get to see more Dutch-stories here. Is it the same company that
publishes and produces stories in Holland? We might start to call Dutch
stories Finnish stories. ;-)