Eisner award

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Tue Aug 14 14:41:39 CEST 2001

Kriton wrote:

> > Then there's the panel where Donald mocks the Eisner
> > award.
>
> If I understand correctly, this panel was added by Don in the expanded
> version, which was made after the story had won the award.

This reminds me of a discussion here on DCML, back in 1995:

<<

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 95 08:41 EDT
From: donrosa at iglou.com (Don Rosa)

But here's the award plaque -- I'll hold it up to the computer
screen and you can all take a look. (Clank).

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 00:23:26
From: Daniel van Eijmeren <daniel at maisie.ow.nl>

Congratulations with your award! Very kind of you to show it with
holding it against the screen, but I have to admit I couldn't quite
clearly see it because the screen was also full of your writing.
Maybe it's a good idea to show it to us in the background of your
next story (for example in Scrooge's office) as a little background
detail?

Don made the extension to chapter 12 afterwards. So it was his way to show
us DCMLers what the award looks like! 8-)

--Harry.