New Barks story in "Donald Duck & Co" today!

Stefan Persson reimersholme at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:30:16 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anita B Og Erlend V Enget" <abeenget at frisurf.no>
To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
Sent: den 11 december 2001 19:06
Subject: New Barks story in "Donald Duck & Co" today!

> On newsstands today here in Norway Donald Duck & Co # 50/2001 brought us a
> brand new Carl Barks story. The vault of Unca Carl someway never ran
empty,
> and this one is titled "Donald Duck in Christmas Mood" (2001-068). The
> ten-pager is written by Barks, and drawn in company with the also talented
> Daan Jippes. What is drawn by who[m] is hard to say. I miss a "story
behind
> the story", so to say. Can anyone tell when the story was written and what
> is drawn by Barks and Jippes?

This is *not* a brand new story, it is from 1945! The 1st half page was
lost, and replaced by a new half page made by David Gerstein and Daan
Jippes. The rest is made by Barks alone. The code (D 2001-068) only refers
to the first half page, not to the rest of the story. The Swedish title is
"Stilla natt?" and the English one is "Silent Night." Read some of the other
DCML mails sent earlier today for further information.

On a side note: Did you receive the issue as late as today? Here in Sweden
it has been available since Friday...

Stefan