Daniel: new site

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Feb 4 01:04:02 CET 2001

HARRY FLUKS to me, 29-01-2001:

>>> This mailing list is about Disney comics. Not about the basics of
>>> designing a web page.

>> This mailing list also isn't about attacking other people's sites,
>> neither about spelling correcting.

> The spelling correcting is one of my annoying habits, which I can't
> suppress sometimes. I think a website (and an e-mail message) should
> at least have *some* level of readability. In Kenneth's first mails,
> it was way below what I consider the minimum for readability.

I still could understand the emails, so they were not below my standard
for readability. However, what I tried to say was that the subject about
spelling made you go off-topic while you were warning for an off-topic
subject (webpage design) yourself.

> About attacking other people's sites: I really felt insulted.

I don't know what you mean with "insulted" in this context. As far
as I know there were no bad references to you on the site, so I don't
see a connection with being insulted.

> So I attacked the thing that attacked me.

Unless I missed an attack to you on the site, I also don't understand
why you felt attacked. Please explain.

> There have been some schools where they had lectures about the
> internet. The teacher taught the children to make a web site and
> get as many visitors as possible. [mentions tricks]
> When Kenneth did just that, and also admitted that he is not going
> to use an HTML editor or won't start learning HTML, I could only
> conclude that he was doing what I described above.

Even if this would have been the case, I think you should be angry
towards the teacher instead of the pupil.

>> Best wishes,

> Are you sure?

Yes, of course. I've been sure of that ever since I met you in 1990.
Do you really doubt this or are you being sarcastic? (Or both?)

Best wishes,

--- Daniel