digest #404

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Feb 10 14:26:01 CET 2001

From: Apostolis Trikourakis <komixgreekpage at yahoo.com>
>>>That's great! You must be very proud now,
What they will use as a stamp?

Parts of panels from the Kalevala story. I was told it was a picture of
Vainemoinen and the scene of the Monster on the Helsinki Cathedral dome
with Donald. But I didn't know anything about these stamps until the same
time you folks did. I just found out yesterday.

From: Anders Christian Sivebaek <acsive at yahoo.com>
>>>I see at least two Rosa-illustrations on those nice
stamps. I shouldn't wonder if Don wont be paid a cent,
even if they publish 100.000 or something of the
stamps? Or maybe again: we're talking finland...
they're mostly nicer, at helsinki media.

Oh, they are VERY nice at Helsinki Media!!!! But no, it's still the same
deal, it's not in HMC's power to change the Disney policy. They can't help
it. Any royalties for the use of my work always go to Disney.
But I think it's enough for me that my stories are so famous in Finland
that the government issued postage stamps of my work in their AKU ANKKA
set. That's fun! Maybe I can get ahold of a batch and sell autographed
first-day-covers or something? I should probably do stuff like that now and
then, but I never think of it, I never want to take the time off from
working on stories to try it.