Websites, Frogs et al

RMorris306@aol.com RMorris306 at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 03:51:56 CET 2001

    I confess I find myself largely in agreement with Don about some of the
truly bad writing I've seen around the Internet. I regret that I won't have
the chance to read most of his stories unless they're translated, since I'm
illiterate in everything but English...but some people on various boards
especially (Americans, not those for whom English is a second language) seem
to be illiterate in everything INCLUDING English...

    I was also a big GET SMART fan, so I guessed the derivation of Don's
line...though it also occurred to me that he may have been referring to a
Barks story. Wasn't there one in the early '60's where Gyro invented a
machine that could create what we now know as virtual reality...and Donald
used it to show how fascinating a world just like their own, except that
everything (except the ducks) was ten, then a hundred, then a thousand times
larger, could be. I'm almost positive they saw some giant (comparatively)
frogs during that story...

Rich