Morty & Ferdie in Gyro story

Merlin Haas mvhaas at elpaso.net
Wed Feb 28 16:38:47 CET 2001

"Gilles MAURICE" <goofy313g at infonie.fr> wrote:

>  >>>you never see mousefaces in the duck stories=20
>Yes, in a Gyro Gearloose's story, in US 13, you'll see Morty and Ferdie =
>Fieldmouse.

     Interesting fact is that those characters were originally
supposed to be Huey, Dewey, or Louie in Barks' original story, but
were changed at the last moment when the US Post Office decided that
characters in the backup stories couldn't be the same as those in the
main feature. (This was one of the strange requirements in content
needed in order to get a second class mailing permit in order to send
subscription copies through the mail at a much reduced rate. This was
also the reason the Gyro stories exist at all (and since they're some
of my favorites, perhaps we should thank the bureaucrats this time).)
     In another Gyro story, the character "Speedy" was originally
supposed to be Donald (which is why he drives a car that looks just
like Donald's.)

best -- Merlin Haas