New Scarpa story and more...

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Tue Jul 10 18:48:36 CEST 2001

The new Danish (Egmont) weekly to be published next Thursday contains
*two* stories by Scarpa.

The first one is a completely new story, written and drawn by Romano
Scarpa (coded D 2000-188)--his Uncle Scrooge tribute to Carl Barks.
It's a nice little story (16 pages in 4-tiers) starring US himself and
his always potential bride Brigitta, who travels to an island for
reasons I am not going to reveal here. Another leading character is
Flintheart Glomgold, something I find a bit imputed, since Scarpa
almost never used Glomgold. Probably this was "requested" by Egmont,
and it doesn't seem "natural".

The second one "Pippo e la Banda Tris" (from 1962, coded I AT   66-B)
written by Roberto Catalano is an interesting choice although
surprising. I wonder why the editors picked just that one, well, don't
get me wrong, it's a funny story and extremely well-drawn. David?

Anyways, if you don't subscribe already, do remember to buy the coming
Egmont weekly! :-)

Søren