New to the list - Barks comics vs. other works

Henri Michaux henri_michaux at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 00:19:47 CEST 2001

A big "hello" to everyone out there!

My name is Henri Michaux, I am one of the editors of
"The Barks Bear Book" - Editions Enfin (1979).

I absolutely agree with the position of Michael
Barrier regarding the non-importance (and IMhO
uglyness) of Barks' paintings, reported by Don Rosa. I
think Barks should be remembered for the comics he did
before retiring, and only that.

I am looking for copies of the 3 Barks "Tom and Jerry"
scripts. I think at least one of them was drawn by
Carl Buettner. We might publish a second (very small)
volume of the Barks Bear Book, this time with a much
better quality with the 3 Tom & Jerry stories that
were missing in the first edition, but need better
reproduction than what we have.

"See" you soon.

  Henri Michaux