finnish Fanzines and pro gradus

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Sat Jun 9 17:55:35 CEST 2001

So i conclude there are at least two fanzines in Finland sometimes
telling about the ducks?
That's so great! For you, I mean, but as I can't read it it doesn't do
much for me. Unless
Of course one of you here would be kind to tell if there's something
new and interesting in the
magazine we haven't heard.
What are the things in the fanzines? Articles, reviews of comics,
analysis or other?
Are you familiar with the at least 2 pro gradu/doctor grates in
litterature that have been made by
readers there?
One by a name I am not fast enough to read, about intertextuality in
Don Rosas story.
(Don proudly browses through it on the interview made by Fievel A
Elliot.). I presume it's about
all the references to movies, books, history, Barks stories, previous
Rosa-stories and other you
see in Rosas stories. Gosh I would love to be bale to read such a
thing!
The other one is about the weekly in different langauges. The person
making it, has
compared english prrofs from egmont with Aku Ankka (suomi), Micky Maus
(german),
Donald Duck (norwegian too) and Kalle Anka (swedish). These languages
have very different
traditions of translating I suppose. Some do translations very close to
original (eg. Norway, from what
I've read), and others do more free translations (sweden and finland
perhaps) and others do some
strange, for-children translations in the weekly and other more-adult
ones in the albums.
It would interest me to read that one too.
Anyone who knows the names of these persons, or how to get to know more
about the things mentioned in the pro gradus (is that the word, maybe
only in latin?) - maybe it could be called the final and very big,
essay?

A. C. Sivebaek
acsive at mail.mira.dk