Barks's "new" Daisy

Marco Barlotti marcobar at ds.unifi.it
Tue Jun 12 10:52:11 CEST 2001

At 17.03 11/06/01 +0200, "Olivier" <mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>One final thing: does anyone know why Barks so drastically changed
>Daisy & Gladstone in his very last stories (the beauty salon and the
>Ancient Mariner ones)? Editorial demand, I presume? How horrible
>they look! they can't be Daisy and Gladstone! They must be-- they
>have to be-- cons!

The story W WDC 308-06 "The Beauty Business" ends with Donald "creating"
whith his beauty business a new Daisy. As a sort of continuity, Daisy keeps
the same look in the last stories written and drawn by Barks in which she
appears:
W WDC 312-01 "The Not-so-ancient Mariner" and W US 68-02 "Hall of the
Mermaid Queen". Maybe Barks wanted to leave us with a "modern" Daisy, who
knows?
Remember that W WDCD 5-?2 "The Dainty Daredevil" was drawn by Barks but not
written by him.

    Marco

http://marcobar.cce.unifi.it/Fumetti/IndiceBarks.html