WL Lilly's Calisota history

Shelley Hanson/KlezmerAllThatJazz klezmerallthatjazz at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 16 07:06:31 CEST 2001

The idea of turning Northern California into another state isn't just
ancient history, either -- when I lived in California in the 1980's there
was much resentful talk then of splitting California between hedonistic,
water-greedy Southern California (Los Angeles and south) and tree-hugging
environmentally-conscious Northern California (San Francisco and north); the
central part of California was debated as to where its natural alliance
would be. (Please note that my descriptions of the two halves of California
are intended tongue-in-cheek -- I like both parts.) Realistically that could
never happen now, of course. But I do like the idea that in the Duck
universe some such thing happened back in the nineteenth century before
California joined the United States.