Off-topic, Heinlein

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Mon Jun 18 14:16:12 CEST 2001

"Shelley Hanson/KlezmerAllThatJazz":

> By the way, I hate the stuff Heinlein wrote at the end of his career. In
my
> opinion, the first half of "Stranger in a Strange Land" was vintage
> Heinlein, which took a weird turn halfway through, and I never really
liked
> anything he wrote afterward.

Weird, I agree on everything you write, but this, I love every single word
he wrote, especially the ones after Stranger :-)

> I'm curious: are Duck fans also sci-fi fans? Or is it just a few of us?

I think that the two things may be related, maybe because there's a lot of
SF in Disney comics (even considering only Barks, as someone does).

Eta:
>Indeed. And, knowing Francesco rather well, I'm surprised he didn't
>point out, also to get a bit back on-topic :-)

I hadn't noticed that sentence :-)

Kriton:
>Although I've read "Stranger in a Strange Land", I can't say I was
>particularly impressed. On the other hand, I'd recommend two of his later
>books "Time Enough For Love" and "I Will Fear No Evil". I'd even go as far
>as claiming that "Time Enough For Love" is one of the best SF books ever.

That's where I got my nickname ("Lazarus Long", I don't use here) from,
that's my favourite novel:-)

--
Sprea