DCML digest #580

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Jun 18 23:25:58 CEST 2001

From: "Anders Christian Sivebaek" <acsive at mail.mira.dk>
1999. The 1-page drawing of those shows HDL wishing they were at
school, and as they're JW's hunting for knowledge I would understand
that. Still, it's been said here that it's somewhat a gag drawing? How?

You see the caption box? My original caption was some funny expression that
identified the scene of kids on summer holiday wishing they were in school
as being an absurdity, a fantasy. I understand this caption was not
used in Finland and the other places my picture was printed. What did the
editors make it say, I wonder? That kids *should* be thinking like this?

From: Merlin Haas <mvhaas at elpaso.net>
Paclac = Pontiac (or maybe Cadillac?).

Not Pontiac. "Paclac" is a gag-combo of PACkard and CadilLAC, the two
competitors for the high-end car buyers back in the old days.