Using the mailing list

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:52:00 CEST 2001

This might be a little off-topic, it's about the mailing list.

First, two tips for YOU;
-1- Sometimes personal answers has been posted on the list. If I ask of
something, you give me the answer. Fair enough. But I don't see the point of
sending it BOTH to my personal mailadress (harryklein at hotmail.com) AND to
list, I automatically get it, and therefor there is no reason to also send
the mail to my private adress.

-2- When you mention stories; please write who wrote it. I can take most
CB/DR-stories, but according other stories, it's really hard to understand
which story this is. This is even worse if you not even write the TITLE, but
only the number of the WDC where it was printed. Yikes!

So, I need a tip;
This "digests" sounds interesting. But I don't figure out how to use it. My
very first day on the mailing list I used these digests, but what I recieved
was 30kB big mails containing nothing but a line of numbers. Heeeelp...
Therefor, I get the mails one and one, which results that if I'm on vacation
one week,I suddenly have two or three hundred new mails in my inbox. I
really want to use digests - I just don't understand how.

-olaf- ( http://home.no.net/treaa/ )