Hortense?

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Mar 2 10:55:23 CET 2001

> If  Donald and the boys say so, then the lady in FG '45 certainly is
> "Grandma". I don't know when Grandma Duck was created, but
> it was obviously much later (how much?).

*Much* later than 1945. Obviously. 1943... 8-)

She appeared for the first time in the Donald Duck newspaper daily from
September 27, 1943.

The FSG '45 appearance may be one of the first times she appeared in a comic
*book*. That may explain the difference in appearance - but I'm sure she was
meant to be *the* Grandma Duck.

> In WDCS [111], a very similar character appears in Daisy's house

This is Daisy's housekeeper. She has never been seen before or after that
story...
(Barks just needed someone to tell Donald where Daisy had gone.)

--Harry.