Brazilian production 50's, 60's

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Tue Mar 13 00:29:18 CET 2001

Henrique Regalo wrotte:

>I would like to know some more =
>about brazilian authors of that time, working to the Abril Editora.
>Maybe Artur Faria Jr or some other author of today, have some answers to =
>me.

Oi Henrique!

I don't have much brazilian comics from the 60's,...and nothign from the 50's!!! But I think I can respond it to you!
The first south american Disney artist is Luis Destuet, he came from Argentina to teach brazilian artists to work on the "Disney style". One of then is Álvaro de Moya, that made some Mickey and Pato Donald covers durign the 50's.

After many years, Abril began to writte and draw brazilian Disney comics, with the begin of the Zé Carioca comic in 1961. The first brazilian drawer is Jorge Kato, and the writters are Claudio de Souza and Alberto Maduar. The second artist to do Zé Carioca stuff is Waldyr Igayara. He does the complete work, from the story to the ink. On his begin, he made some co-production with Kato, and durign some time, with Izomar Camargo Guilherme, the third brazilian drawer. After this, Abril have a production center, and many artists entered on the production.

That's it! I hope I was able to anser your question, but if I wasn't, ask more!!!
Fernando!