MIME format postings

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 15 12:49:42 CET 2001

DON ROSA SAYS:

> By the way, can anyone explain here on the ML how those members can post
> messages in some other fashion than in the "MIME format", or otherwise
> avoid having their messages followed by sections of computer-gibberish
that
> are 2 or 3 times longer than the message itself? I'd do so, but I'm too
> ignorant to know how to explain it to anyone.

AND I REPLY:

It's up to each user to set his mail program to post in plain text format,
as you have yours.  Any email software can do this, but most default to rich
text, and the users never bother or don't know how to change it.

The procedure to set the email program to plain text is different for each
version of the software, so there can be no generic instruction on how to do
this.  My suggestion is to simply ask the individual to post to the list in
plain text whenever he errs (as I have done more than once).

I've avoided controversy lately by setting mine to automatically reply to
mail in the same format.  Since this list appears to me in plain text, any
replies will look the same.

Dan