Don Rosa in Oslo

Nils Lid Hjort nils at math.uio.no
Tue Mar 20 12:04:28 CET 2001

Brief report now; more details might come in a later mail from me:

Don Rosa is soon landing at Gardermoen, and will be in Oslo until
Sunday. He has two hats for this occasion: an Egmont one, primarily
in connection with the "Barks de Lux" book that is being launched
these days, close to the Barks 100 occasion; and his own
Lance Pertwillaby one. His two books "The Don Rosa Archives I & II",
	. Captain Kentucky
	. The Pertwillaby Papers
have their World Launch this week in the city of Oslo.

More specifically, there is a book signing event at "Tronsmo Books
and Comics" on Saturday, from 12:00 to 16:00. He would appreciate
meeting friends of the DCML there.

I will also report about a press conference staged by Egmont
taking place tomorrow (Wednesday) at the History Museum.
Don and Øystein Sørensen, professor of history and a frequent
writer of articles and prefaces on comics, are among those
placed in a "panel". Sørensen has also written a preface in the
Captain Kentucky book (the sister preface in the Pertwillaby Papers
book is written by me). The PP & CK books also have specially
written prefaces by Don.

Very soon there will be a page on the internet taking any
interested person, from Timbouktoo to Andes and Herringtail,
to the publishing firm Gazette Bok (a sub-group of Gazette, Oslo)
with information about how to view the books, read about them,
and how to actually buy them. This is being polished at the moment.

More later ...
Nils Lid Hjort