Barks stories

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Tue Mar 27 15:03:37 CEST 2001

Hi
Apart from this being the centennial of Barks' Birth it was also the day
when I received the new danish book with the best stories by Barks. It
contains that, the best of hiss tories, including small texts about every
story and a foreword I haven't read yet.
Among others it includes the Golden Helmet.
You who know me back from my first postings may remember that I once read
about the story in a sticker-book that followed the birthday issue of the
weekly in 1994 (from the week Barks was here some of the days). I searched
for the story, and made copies from a high school book on vikings, to get
more panels from it. Finally I heard from a comic shop in Silkeborg who
got it for me, cheap, only 20 kroner (2-3 $).
I wouldn't call it a waste of 20 kroner but look at this.
In november last year the story Golden Helmet camepout in issue 17 of the
beautiful danish Goldbooks (hardbound, gold colour, 3 oil paintings and 8
stories by the good old master)
In febraury the reprint book, printing second half of 1952's DD&Co. came
out, it contains the solo-comic with Golden Helmet (I haven't got it yet,
because I paid late)
In this new Barks-book the Golden Helmet is too, and it deserves to be
there.
MY old "horse", the 7-year roole, which I believed would prevent egmont
from using such a stroy 3 times in a period of what, 5 months, obviously
doesn't work when we talk about these stories.
There are several examplesof that at the moment too, but also some that
follows that roole, a beautiful 100 jubilee-book with Pirate Gold and the
riddleof the red hat. (So why did I hunt the country for a small book from
1988 and the american edition of Pirate Gold?:-)

Well, now I'm looking forward to see Rome soon