Tributes

gwtank gwtank at atiinternet.com
Tue Mar 27 19:06:38 CEST 2001

I hate to admit it, but reading the tributes on Carl's 100th brought tears to my eyes. As a close friend and confidante it brought back many memories of this kind, gentle, thoughtful and very private person. I don't believe that his grandchildren subscribe to this letter. I will make an effort to copy, paste and forward these kind remarks to his closest relatives. Thanks also to Luis Felipe of Brazil  who sent his poetic endeavor and to the many for whom I have in the past been a go-between when they wanted e-mail messages to reach Carl.