R: Old & new pools

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Fri Mar 30 23:39:04 CEST 2001

Hi, all!

I'm quite flattered by the words of Paolo, and by the fact that the winner,
among the Romano Scarpa's characters, be Sgrizzo Papero... Maybe one of the
most consistent among his creations...

Paolo says:

> but Sgrizzo is
> now also used by present days writers (mainly Luca Boschi) and
> maybe he became very familiar to young readers.

I must say that another "new father" of Sgrizzo is Enrico Faccini, a very
clever artist and story man, in the best Disney's spirit (in my honest
opinion).

> BTW this is the final standing:
>
> Sgrizzo              120 votes (20%)
> Brigitta             113 votes (19%)
> Trudy                 91 votes (15%)
> I Paperoidi           54 votes (9%)
> Gancetto (Bruto)      42 votes (7%)
> Paperetta Ye' Ye'     36 votes (6%)
> Filo Sganga           31 votes (5%)
> Atomino Bip-Bip       24 votes (4%)
> Gedeone de Paperoni   22 votes (3%)
> Plottigat             20 votes (3%)
> Zenobia                8 votes (1%)
> Cavillo Busillis       7 votes (1%)
> Codino                 6 votes (1%)
> Re Arbor               6 votes (1%)
> Total                580 votes
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> There are characters almost unknown outside Italy (just like
> Codino) or characters appeared in 1 or 2 stories (Gedeone de
> Paperoni, Zenobia) whose bad performance is justified by being
> unknown, but I'm very surprised by Atomino's bad performance...

Maybe Atomino is known ONLY in France, in Germany (thru old "Der Lustige
Taschenbucher" books) and (a little bit) in Greece. This maybe is one of the
possible explanations. I'm sure he needs a revival. In the next "Maestri
Disney", dedicated to Massimo De Vita, there is an article describing ala
the Atomino's appearances. The article introduces the reprint of a
not-so-well-known story by the interesting Scarpa's character.

Now, my next proposal is another: to organize a poll about ALL the main
Italian characters, including Paperinik, Indiana Pipps (Arizona Goof) and
some of the other most popular Italian characters. This poll should include
the same Scarpa's characters as well...

What do you think about this issue?

Luca